10 Best Things to Do - at Adelaide Beaches this winter
Here are some of our recommendations on the best things to do along Adelaide’s Beaches during the winter months.
- Ice skating in July at Winter Wonderland at Glenelg or Winterfest at Port Adelaide.
- Celebrate the many talented visual artists during August at SALA Henley Beach. View gallery locations on the interactive map.
- Enjoy a cosy Adelaide Beachside stay with ocean views.
- Jump aboard a Fishing Charter www.fishingtripsandfishingchartersadelaide.com.au
- Ride the undulating pump tracks, try a scooter, skate the half pipe at Pumpt and Bounce the massive indoor trampoline park that provides an adrenaline rush for all ages!
- Visit The Beachouse with waterslides of all sorts and some are even heated! There are arcade games, a carousel, a play castle, bumper boats, dodgem cars, mini golf and much more.
- Plant 4 Bowden Markets you will find wholesome and tasty food, fresh produce, interesting trinkets and gifts, live music and even a kid’s zone.
- Beer lovers can do a tour of West End Brewery which has a cheese and beer tasting at the end.
- For those wanting to indulge in a bit of retail therapy, a visit to Harbour Town by the Adelaide Airport is a must. You will find many great retails shops, cafes and outlet stores. www.harbourtownadelaide.com.au
- The SA Maritime Museum and the National Railway Museum at Port Adelaide and the Bay Discovery Museum Glenelg will take you on a historical tour into Adelaide’s early settlement.
Find out more Things to do
Pack a picnic and enjoy it at one of the many reserves along Adelaide’s Beaches. Many have shaded areas, nature playgrounds, BBQ’s and other great facilities for everyone.
Sport and Adventure
Adelaide has plenty of adventurous fun for both singles and families. From kiddies to big boys and girls, the thrill is up to you!
Bike and Walk
One of the best ways to take in the gentle beauty of Adelaide is to meander streets as they weave their way down to the seaside, taking in the history and architecture along the way.
The Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary is the only place in the world that has wild dolphins living in the city! Take a River Cruise or Swim with them!
Our locals fish from the jetties and beaches. Fishing charters will take you further out for some of our deep water species. Adelaide has variety and plenty!
Enjoy some of Australia’s best golf courses right here in Adelaide. Beautiful greens, undulating landscapes and a cool drink at the end of the day.
Whether its something old, something new, something borrowed or something true, the coastline along Adelaide’s beaches has great shopping from the simple to the eclectic.
Heritage, Art and Culture
As you take a trip through Adelaide’s museums and heritage sites, you will feel the essence of Adelaide’s quiet refinement and how it came to be.