SCHOOL HOLIDAY guide
with 30 kilometres of coastline from seacliff to north haven on your doorstep, a beachside getaway beckons these school holidays.
The best thing is that you don’t need to travel too far from home for a weekend away with all the trimmings ... from fabulous food and wine, shopping and family fun.
Top 10 Activities in Adelaide Beaches these school holidays
- The Beachouse is a family favourite with its heated waterslides, bumper boats, upgraded mini golf, dodgem car and arcade games.
- Take a cruise or swim with the dolphins with Temptation Sailing departing from Marina Pier Glenelg.
- Try something different at AFL Max immersive footy skills and entertainment centre.
- Bounce the massive indoor trampoline park that provides an adrenaline rush for all ages!
- West Beach Adventure is adventurous aerial fun for all ages and fitness levels.
- Stand up Paddle SA at Seacliff or Adventure Kayaking SA at Garden Island.
- Zone Bowling Woodville - 26 bowling lanes complemented by 40 arcade machines, a laser tag facility.
- Grab some popcorn and take in a movie at Event Cinema Glenelg.
- Discover history at the Bay Discovery Centre, National Rail Museum or National Maritime Museum.
- Children can run free on the beaches, foreshore playgrounds and throw in a fishing line from Brighton, Glenelg, Henley or Grange jetties.
- The Mix 102.3 Giant Wheel has returned to Glenelg’s Foreshore, taking in spectacular views of Glenelg beach, Moseley Square and the Adelaide Hills until May 2022.
- Spot the Bilby at the Bay Discovery Centre - Bilbies are somewhere in the museum! Come and find them, spot their colours and enter the draw to win a beautiful plush bilby. Suitable for little kids ages 2 and up.
- Enjoy mixing Lego and Maritime History at Ship N Bricks, Maritime Museum at Port Adelaide, 16 April to 1 May 2022.
- Brighton Street Party, Jetty Road Brighton, Saturday 2 April 2022.
- The Finishing Touch exhibition at the Bay Discovery Centre, 4 April to 5 of June 2022.
Paper Doll Creations – 16 April to 1 May at the Bay Discovery Centre – create your own retro paper doll as part of the Finishing Touch fashion exhibition.
Where to Stay for Beachfront Views
- Stamford Grand Adelaide Hotel
- Oaks Glenelg Plaza Pier Suites
- Brighton Beachfront Holiday Park
- The Esplanade Hotel Brighton
- West Beach Parks
- Discovery Parks Semaphore
Other affordable accommodation options in the area can be found here.