SCHOOL HOLIDAY guide
with 30 kilometres of coastline from seacliff to north haven on your doorstep, a beachside getaway beckons these school holidays.
The best thing is that you don’t need to travel too far from home for a weekend away with all the trimmings ... from fabulous food and wine, shopping and family fun.
Top 10 Activities in Adelaide Beaches these school holidays
- The Beachouse is a family favourite with its heated waterslides, bumper boats, upgraded mini golf, dodgem car and arcade games.
- Take a cruise or swim with the dolphins with Temptation Sailing departing from Marina Pier Glenelg.
- Try something different at AFL Max immersive footy skills and entertainment centre.
- Bounce the massive indoor trampoline park that provides an adrenaline rush for all ages!
- West Beach Adventure is adventurous aerial fun for all ages and fitness levels.
- Stand up Paddle SA at Seacliff or Adventure Kayaking SA at Garden Island.
- Zone Bowling Woodville - 26 bowling lanes complemented by 40 arcade machines, a laser tag facility.
- Grab some popcorn and take in a movie at Event Cinema Glenelg.
- Discover history at the Bay Discovery Centre, National Rail Museum or National Maritime Museum.
- Children can run free on the beaches, foreshore playgrounds and throw in a fishing line from Brighton, Glenelg, Henley or Grange jetties.
- The Mix 102.3 Giant Wheel has returned to Glenelg’s Foreshore, taking in spectacular views of Glenelg beach, Moseley Square and the Adelaide Hills until May 2022.
- The world’ tallest and most extreme standalone inflatable waterslide The Big Wedgie is back until Sunday 30 January.
- Glenelg Sunset Markets, Glenelg Foreshore Sunday 30 January.
- Enjoy a Coastal walk along Brighton Beach at the Patritti Brighton Jetty Sculptures 19 - 30 January.
- A guide to the 2022 Glenelg Beach Concert Series.
Where to Stay for Beachfront Views
- Stamford Grand Adelaide Hotel
- Oaks Glenelg Plaza Pier Suites
- Brighton Beachfront Holiday Park
- The Esplanade Hotel Brighton
- West Beach Parks
- Discovery Parks Semaphore
Other affordable accommodation options in the area can be found here.
Find out more ABOUT family fun
Along the coastline of Adelaide, you will find a myriad of family activities from nature parks to adventure zones and engaging museums.
The Beachouse is a fun family entertainment centre packed with games and rides for kids and adults alike. Right on Glenelg Beach.
Temptation Sailing’s Dolphin Cruise
Whether it’s the exhilaration of swimming with dolphins or simply watching these majestic creatures glide through the water, Temptation Sailing’s Dolphin Cruise will leave memories to last a lifetime.
Event Cinema, Glenelg
Event Cinema on the eastern end of Glenelg’s Jetty Road has six stylish and purpose-built cinemas.
The free-jumping revolution is taking place at Adelaide’s massive indoor trampoline park! BOUNCE in Marleston, about 10 minutes from the Adelaide CBD.
West Beach Adventure
West Beach Adventure at Adelaide Shores is adventurous fun for all ages and all fitness levels. There are three main activities to challenge and thrill you!
Zone Bowling Woodville
Located on Port Road, Zone Woodville has 26 bowling lanes, 40 arcades and Laser tag.
The Grange was Captain Charles Sturt's residence in South Australia from 1840 to 1853. The building houses many of Sturt's original possessions and documents in a collection of national significance.
The IceArenA is South Australia’s premier ice skating facility located just minutes from the Adelaide CBD. Open seven days a week, a great way to cool off on a hot day.
Play Cafés and Playgrounds
Take the kids to one of many play cafes around Adelaide where the kids can play and the adults can relax with a coffee and some treats!
SA Base Camp
Feel like a challenge? Far from a standard gym, SA Base Camp has massive vertical rope climbs and wind tunnel that generate winds of 80-100 km/hour to run through!