SCHOOL HOLIDAY guide
with 30 kilometres of coastline from seacliff to north haven on your doorstep, a beachside getaway beckons these school holidays.
The best thing is that you don’t need to travel too far from home for a weekend away with all the trimmings ... from fabulous food and wine, shopping and family fun.
Top 10 Things to do in Adelaide Beaches these school holidays
- The Beachouse is a family favourite with its heated waterslides, bumper boats, upgraded mini golf, dodgem car and arcade games.
- Ride the Giant Ferris Wheel in Moseley Square for a birds eye view of the coastline.
- Try something different on a guided Glenelg Foreshore Segway Sensation SA tour.
- Bounce the massive indoor trampoline park that provides an adrenaline rush for all ages!
- Mega Adventure Park is adventurous fun for all ages and all fitness levels.
- Stand up Paddle SA at Seacliff or Adventure Kayaking SA at Garden Island.
- Zone Bowling Woodville - 26 bowling lanes complemented by 40 arcade machines, a laser tag facility.
- Grab some popcorn and take in a movie at GU Filmhouse boutique cinema.
- Discover history at a museum - Bay Discovery Centre Museum, National Rail Museum, National Maritime Museum.
- Children can run free on the beaches, foreshore playgrounds and throw in a fishing line from Brighton, Glenelg, Henley or Grange jetties.
Where to Stay for Beachfront Views
- Stamford Grand
- Brighton Beachfront Holiday Park
- Oaks Glenelg Plaza Pier Suites
- Seawall Apartments
- The Esplanade Hotel
- West Beach Parks
- Discovery Parks Semaphore
- Enjoy High Tea by the Sea every Saturday and Sunday at Stamford Grand Adelaide and Chocolate High Tea for the kids during April.
- Experience Radicool Reptiles at the Bay Discovery Centre Museum Glenelg April 16, 19, 22 & 23.
Find out more ABOUT family fun
Along the coastline of Adelaide, you will find a myriad of family activities from nature parks to adventure zones and engaging museum visits.
Experience all the iconic sights of Glenelg on and off the beach with a guided Segway Tour!
The Beachouse is a fun family entertainment centre packed with games and rides for kids and adults alike. Right on Glenelg Beach.
GU Film House, Glenelg
GU Film House on the eastern end of Glenelg’s Jetty Road has six stylish and purpose-built cinemas.
Bay Discovery Centre
Discover our Past and Our Passions. The Bay Discovery Centre is a social history museum celebrating the cultural heritage of South Australia.
The free-jumping revolution is taking place at Adelaide’s massive indoor trampoline park! BOUNCE in Marleston, about 10 minutes from the Adelaide CBD.
Mega Adventure Park
Mega Adventure Park at Adelaide Shores is adventurous fun for all ages and all fitness levels. There are three main activities to challenge and thrill you!
Zone Bowling Woodville
Located on Port Road, Zone Woodville has 26 bowling lanes, 40 arcades and Laser tag.