There are many free activities for everyone, young and old, families and singles, to get involved in along the stretch of Adelaide’s Beaches. Here are some recommendations:
- Adelaide beaches make a great family day out renowned for their white sand, jetties and amazing sunsets.
- Visit one of a number of reserves along Adelaide’s Beaches that have playgrounds, BBQs, shaded picnic areas and grassed areas to kick a ball.
- Geocaching – do an outdoor treasure hunt with the kids, it’s a world you’ll discover that you never knew existed right under your nose!
- A range of self guided walks takes you to Glenelg’s mansion and other heritage sits around Adelaide.
- Hire a free bike from Bike SA and check out some of Adelaide’s picturesque bike paths.
- Visit the Point Malcolm playground suitable for kids of all ages. Further info.
- Visit the award winning Glenelg Foreshore Playspace with a giant wide slide, a climbing dome, cubby and tunnel, rope activities, in-ground trampolines.
- Visit Hart’s Mill playground in Port Adelaide which has some stand out pieces like the rocket slide and the mouse wheel which prove popular with kids of all ages.
- Enjoy a walk up and down the promenades and walkways adjoining beach to beach right along the coast. Most of the paths are pram and wheelchair friendly. More info
Find out more Things to do
Pack a picnic and enjoy it at one of the many reserves along Adelaide’s Beaches. Many have shaded areas, nature playgrounds, BBQ’s and other great facilities for everyone.
Sport and Adventure
Adelaide has plenty of adventurous fun for both singles and families. From kiddies to big boys and girls, the thrill is up to you!
Bike and Walk
One of the best ways to take in the gentle beauty of Adelaide is to meander streets as they weave their way down to the seaside, taking in the history and architecture along the way.
Whether its something old, something new, something borrowed or something true, the coastline along Adelaide’s beaches has great shopping from the simple to the eclectic.
Heritage, Art and Culture
As you take a trip through Adelaide’s museums and heritage sites, you will feel the essence of Adelaide’s quiet refinement and how it came to be.