stay and play glenelg
with 10 kilometres of coastline from glenelg to seacliff to choose from, a beach escape beckons.
Plan your getaway with all the trimmings ... from fabulous food and wine, shopping and family fun.
Where to Stay for Beachfront Views
- Stamford Grand Adelaide Hotel
- Brighton Beachfront Holiday Park
- Oaks Glenelg Plaza Pier Suites
- The Esplanade Hotel
Adelaide’s favourite city beach, Glenelg also has a variety of affordable accommodation options just minutes’ walk from the beach.
Top 10 Things to do in Glenelg and surrounds
- Swim with the dolphins with Temptation Sailing, cruises departing daily from Marina Pier from 19 September.
- The Beachouse is a family favourite with its heated waterslides, bumper boats, upgraded mini golf, dodgem car and arcade games.
- Try something different on a guided Glenelg Foreshore Segway Sensation SA tour.
- Enjoy High Tea by the Sea every Saturday and Sunday at Stamford Grand Adelaide Hotel.
- Take a leisurely stroll on the coastal pedestrian and cycling path along the Esplanade from Glenelg to the relaxed seaside town of Brighton, or head further south to Seacliff.
- Be entertained by playgrounds at the Glenelg Foreshore and the new Wigley Reserve Playspace.
- Grab some popcorn and take in a movie at Event Cinemas Glenelg.
- Children can run free on the beaches, throw in a fishing line from Glenelg or Brighton jetties.
- Shop along Jetty Road Glenelg or dine at one of the waterfront restuarants at Marina Pier.
Where to Eat
Find a great place to eat on Jetty Road, Glenelg. Enjoy food with views of Glenelg at:
- Promenade Restaurant – Local produce, Australian cuisine, a la carte menu, High Tea by the Sea
- The Grand Bar – All day dining, pub fare
- The Moseley Bar and Kitchen – pub fare
- Fourth Bar – Local produce, share plates
- Good Slice Pizza
- Hog’s Australia’s Steakhouse
- Gringo’s Mexican Cantina
- Doughballs The Pizza Place
- Mamma Carmela’s Café and Pizzeria
Other local favourites are Beach Burrito Glenelg, Cardone’s Seafood and Grill, Glenelg BBQ Inn Steakhouse, North Indian Cuisine, Nutrition Republic, Swedish Tarts Glenelg and The Strand Café Restaurant.
You’ll find an array of ice creameries and gelati shops or why not enjoy fish and chips on the beach.
Once you’ve grabbed a bite to eat enjoy some retail or beauty therapy and relaxation. There are a great mix of unique stores along Jetty Road, Glenelg.
Marina Pier, situated between the Glenelg Marina and Glenelg Beach offers waterfront views wherever you look. Waterfront dining is a highlight, particularly when it’s combined with a gorgeous sunset in a open setting with atmosphere!