stay and play glenelg
with 10 kilometres of coastline from glenelg to seacliff to choose from, a beach escape beckons.
Plan your weekend away with all the trimmings ... from fabulous food and wine, shopping and family fun.
Where to Stay for Beachfront Views
- Stamford Grand Adelaide Hotel
- Brighton Beachfront Holiday Park
- Oaks Glenelg Plaza Pier Suites
- Seawall Apartments
- The Esplanade Hotel
Adelaide’s favourite city beach, Glenelg also has a variety of affordable accommodation options just minutes’ walk from the beach:
- Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites
- Oaks Glenelg Liberty Suites
- Taft Motor Inn
- Atlantic Tower Motor Inn
- Nightcap at Watermark Glenelg
- Glenelg Holiday Apartments
- Norfolk Motor Inn
- Buffalo Motor Inn
- Haven Marina
Upcoming Events in Glenelg
- Try an oyster shucking class with a tailored wine flight at The Oyster Bar Marina Pier, with their ‘Let’s Shuck’ experience.
- For a birds eye view ride the Giant Ferris Wheel in Moseley Square, Glenelg until 30 May.
- South Australian seafood and Gemtree wines will star in a beachside degustation at Sammy’s on the Marina Tasting Australia event Gemtree Wine Dinner at Sammy's on 6 May.
- Enjoy a four-course dinner and Never Never gin tasting experience beachside at Stamford Grands Tasting Australia event - A Taste of South Australia on 7 May.
Top 10 Things to do in Glenelg and surrounds
- The Beachouse is a family favourite with its heated waterslides bumper boats, upgraded mini golf, dodgem car and arcade games.
- Try something different on a guided Glenelg Foreshore Segway Sensation SA tour.
- Enjoy High Tea by the Sea every Saturday and Sunday at Stamford Grand Adelaide Hotel and Chocolate High Tea for the kids during April.
- Take a leisurely stroll on the coastal pedestrian and cycling path along the Esplanade from Glenelg to the relaxed seaside town of Brighton, or head further south to Seacliff.
- Be entertained by playgrounds at the Glenelg Foreshore Playground and the new Wigley Reserve Playspace.
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding at Seacliff.
- Grab some popcorn and take in a movie at GU Filmhouse boutique cinema.
- The Bay Discovery Centre provides local information and a social history museum to celebrate the social history of South Australia. View the new exhibition titled Tiati Wangkanthi Kumangka which translates to Truth-Telling Together. The exhibition tells the true history of South Australia’s colonisation.
- Children can run free on the beaches, throw in a fishing line from Glenelg or Brighton jetties.
Where to Eat
Find a great place to eat on Jetty Road, Glenelg. Enjoy food with views of Glenelg at:
- Promenade Restaurant – Local produce, Australian cuisine, a la carte menu, High Tea by the Sea
- The Grand Bar – All day dining, pub fare
- The Moseley Bar and Kitchen – pub fare
- Fourth Bar – Local produce, share plates
- Good Slice Pizza
- Hog’s Australia’s Steakhouse
- Gringo’s Mexican Cantina
- Doughballs The Pizza Place
- Mamma Carmela’s Café and Pizzeria
Other local favourites are Beach Burrito Glenelg, Cardone’s Seafood and Grill, Glenelg BBQ Inn Steakhouse, North Indian Cuisine, Nutrition Republic, Swedish Tarts Glenelg and The Strand Café Restaurant.
You’ll find an array of ice creameries and gelati shops or why not enjoy fish and chips on the beach.
Once you’ve grabbed a bite to eat enjoy some retail or beauty therapy and relaxation. There are a great mix of unique stores along Jetty Road, Glenelg.
Marina Pier, situated between the Glenelg Marina and Glenelg Beach offers waterfront views wherever you look. Waterfront dining is a highlight, particularly when it’s combined with a gorgeous sunset in a open setting with atmosphere!